- busy brain - A mental state that includes racing thoughts, anxiety, lack of focus, and sleeplessness.
- nanny envy - Feelings of envy directed at one’s nanny because of the amount of time she or he gets to spend with one’s children; feelings of envy directed at women who have nannies.
- brain fingerprinting - Measuring a person’s brain wave responses when presented with certain words or images, particularly those related to a crime.
- microexpression - A very short facial expression of an intense, concealed emotion.
- affective computing - Computer technology that uses biometric sensors to detect physical characteristics that relate to moods and emotions; the computer simulation of moods and emotions.